Are you looking to create an online course? There are a number of things that you need to consider before you get started. You will want to make sure that your course has the right topic, provides value for people, and is designed in such a way that it’s easy for learners to follow along with.
To help guide you through this process, I have compiled 10 essential questions to ask yourself before creating an online course.
Online course creators dedicate their lives to helping others grow and progress in their chosen areas of expertise. Nonetheless, it is difficult for them to create a truly transformational and profitable course without taking some essentials into consideration.
If you are an expert in your niche field, you can generate revenue and create a greater impact by creating an online course. But, before you start teaching others what you know, first you may have a little learning to do yourself, and your course.
Remember that curriculum design is a qualified profession in its own right. Be sure to take the time to learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurial pedagogy before you dive in. In order to do that, you want to gain clarity on some essential things. Don’t spend your precious time developing an online course that is not structured in a way that will bring your clients success.
10 Essential Questions To Consider Before Creating Your Online Course
- Choose an online learning platform that best suits the needs of your course and your students: Learn the differences between major platforms and what features are most important for the purpose of your course.
- What benefits will the course bring to your business? Consider visibility, expertise, credibility, reputation, impact, and revenue.
- What types of content do you have in your arsenal that would make the perfect online course? Do you have an old course that can be transformed into multiple micro-courses or mini-lessons?
- What are the fundamentals of “entrepreneurial pedagogy” so that you can ensure your course is engaging and transformational for your clients?
- How can you ensure your course meets various learning styles, modalities, and preferences so that everyone can effectively learn from your course and see success?
- How should you price your online course? Where does it belong in your funnel?
- What is the best way to design a course that provides your clients with the transformation that they are seeking?
- Where and how should you conduct your market research to ensure you build the perfect course that your clients are looking for?
- How should the structure, organization, and layout of your course framework be so that the course meets the intended goals?
- How can you deliver the content efficiently so that clients feel like they are learning without getting overwhelmed?
Does it seem like the list is endless? That’s because it is!
Learning about the world of online course creation is no small feat. From pre-course research to determine the most suitable curriculum for your course all the way to the launch and marketing, many online courses fail because the creator hasn’t thought about all of the essential components of course creation.
And, since curriculum development may not be your area of expertise, it’s important to learn from the experts in the field. Find someone who is rooted in education to learn from so that you can set your course apart. It’s time to create life-long clients and generate infinite revenue.
As a curriculum expert of 20 years, I would love to know what areas you would love more support in! Drop your desires in the comments or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.